Tuesday, July 10, 2018

FIELD REPORT: JULY 6-8, 2018

Dear Brother Ron Halbrook, "I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." (3 John 2) Grace, Mercy, and Peace be with you From God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord. Before Jesus ascended to Heaven, He said to His disciples “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth”. Thus because of this authority He commissioned them to “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching all things whatsoever I commanded you” Then the assurance is that “and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matt. 28:18-20 It is written “How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!” Isa. 52:7 It is a blessing to serve God in the days of youth, to know the truth and to share the truth to others that they might be saved. Friday, July 6, 2018 - It as already 4:00 PM when I rode a Public Utility Van from General Santos City going to Mangelen, Kamanga, Maasim, Sarangani Province. When I arrived from Mangelen, it was too late that I knew that my cellphone was left from the Van that proceeds to Poblacion, Maasim. From Mangelen to Poblacion, I never cease in praying that may the Lord God be gracious to me that the cellphone be returned. When I arrived in terminal, it is a blessing that few minutes later, the same Van I rode from General Santos City arrived and then I found my cellphone. Oh, thanks be to God for His love. I then went to Sitio Libas, Kamanga, Maasim, Sarangani Province wherein I stay a night in preparation for a Gospel Meeting in Gofalto church of Christ, Amsipit, Maasim, Sarangani Province. Saturday, July 7, 2018 - I, Brother Gorio Pelon, Brother Teresio Ampon went to Gofalto, Amsipit to preach for the Gospel Meeting. It is a blessing that a certain denomination pastor and also a Tribal Chieftain in Barangay Amsipit named Fulung Florencio Isla accompanied us in the area. He drove his own motorcycle and let Bro. Teresio rode with him. It was already 10:00 o’ clock in the morning when we arrived at the Gofalto, riding motorcycle and then through hiking. Brother Gorio Pelon preached first about “Ang Usa Ka Tinood Nga Iglesia” a translation of “The One True Church” from the Booklet of Bro. James R. Cope. I then preached about "Hearing of Faith" Gal. 3:1-4. This is from the Book of Bro. Roy E. Cogdill, a well-known and respected Brother in the Lord. I love reading his Book "Faith and The Faith", "Cogdill-Woods Debate", "The New Testament Church and many more. Through the books of Bro. Cogdill I had been made strong in Christ. When it was already lunch time, we ate together with the host preacher Bro. Carlito Laura and the saints. Around 1:30 PM, I lectured about “Katibuk-Ang Inpormasyon Bahin Sa Bibliya” a translation of “General Information About the Bible” by Bro. Robert Harkrider. Everyone that has capability to read had his own copy in hand for them to read and to make the lecture dynamics. Thanks be to God always that through the Gospel Meeting, three young were baptized into Christ, one is the daughter of Bro. Gorio Pelon that went with us. May I ask of your loving prayer and financial assistance to the wife of Bro. Carlito Laura. She has been suffering for several years. Her throat has an enlargement outside. I don't what is the medical name of it. Kindly see the picture. The local church in Gofalto was established through the effort of Bro. Rommel Dazon and Brother Julius Sukin. The local preacher there now is Bro. Carlito Laura, who is also the cousin of Bro. Gorio Pelon. Around 5:00 PM, we returned from Gofalto to Sitio Kyumad. Lord’s Day, July 8, 2018, around 5:00 o’ clock in the morning, I had the opportunity to baptized Florencio Isla. He was already convicted of the truth and now has the zeal. It is now for the first time now in my life that I had baptized someone to Christ early morning upon the first day of the week. He is now our Brother in the Lord. Let us welcome him the family of God. I found in him an eagerness to learn more and more, though in his old age, 51 years old, a Chieftain, he humbly submit to Christ to baptism. I remember Philip that he baptized the Eunuch in Acts 8:26-40. After his baptism, he and his family then prepared for me a coffee and a cook banana. As it was Lord’s Day, I then proceed to Sitio Libas to preach in the congregation where I have been serving through the years. I preached two lessons “Ginoo, Kang Kinsa Man Kami Moadto?” a lesson originally from Bro. Ron Halbrook that I translated and then a lesson “Ang Kamatooran Bahin sa PAg-ampo” lesson in English “The Truth about Prayer” from the Preceptor Magazine. Brother Gorio Pelon preached in Pepe Ranch church of Christ and then Bro. Ronie Isla preached that Lord’s day in Kyumad church of Christ, Amsipit, Maasim, Sarangani Province. What a blessing to preach the pure gospel of Christ. Thank you so much for all the love. Please pray that may I have an additional financial support to sustain the work here in the Lord. Thank you so much and God bless. In Christian Love, Men Mark A. Tumandan

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Drought Mitigation Activity: Food Assistance As Benevolence (3rd Day of Distribution)

  2024 Drought Mitigation Activity: Food Assistance As Benevolence (3 rd Day of Distribution)     23rd  Day of April, Year of our Lor...