Tuesday, December 14, 2010

An Appeal for Support - Brother Wilfred Madeo

Last Saturday, December 11, 2010, Brother Allan, dad and mom and I went there in Molo Libi, Malapatan Sarangani Province, we were there because we baptized one man in Poblacion Malapatan few kilometers away.

As we talked with brother Wilfred Madeo, the preacher in Molo Libi church of Christ Malapatan, I could see in his face with his wife that they were not yet eating there breakfast although it was lunch time already.

In deepness sorrowful, he told me about his hardship, he showed me the letter of the US Brother named Larry Schmidt member of Stallings Drive church of Christ in Nacogdoches, TX USA. In the letter stated that he can no longer able to financial support him in Brother Madeo's work due because he(Larry) was being fraud by a certain man named George including the 200 more individuals (his relatives, close friends, brethren and sisters in Christ, family members).

Wilfred Madeo was converted on 1998 and started preaching since then. In fact, few years ago, he and dad were always in Gospel Meeting together. A picture below was taken during the baptism ministered by he and dad.


Brother Wilfred Madeo and I.


He had once 150 US dollars of support a quarterly but cut off because of what happened as stated above. He is now asking a favor, to help him in his work, he works with a strong and stable church. 50 US dollars a month or how much, or just to replace his former support is enough.

I am so cautious and selective in sending out appeals especially in recommending like this, but I can't stop my feeling toward the situation of this brother. I have no regular support but I am contented in what I have now. A sister in US help me now and also her cousin, and a local church there in Arizona also sometimes help me. But if a saint or local church would like also to help me, then I am willing to receive it as long as they are member of the Lord's church. A brother in Dubai told me to help me but he sent me once, after it, he no longer send help even letters. I do not know what is the reason.

I am hoping and praying that God will provide for this appeal through someone or a local church there.

Anyone who would like to ask more information regarding the said brother, feel free to ask.

In Christian Love,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Drought Mitigation Activity: Food Assistance As Benevolence (3rd Day of Distribution)

  2024 Drought Mitigation Activity: Food Assistance As Benevolence (3 rd Day of Distribution)     23rd  Day of April, Year of our Lor...